EDIT: To see a demonstration of the Joomla RSGallery2 Community Edition, click here.
NOTE: One of the great things about Open Source software is that there are... thousands... of other nerds (like me!) around the world who develop new things, and share. I am excited to finally be able to make a contribution!
This project started when a client asked me to build an online community for artists to (a) pay a subscription / membership fee, (b) post their work in selected galleries, and (c) communicate with eachother. No problem, I love these types of projects.
WARNING! If you are not a Joomla Developer, anything below this line may cause injury.
At the time, the 2 best options were either RSGallery2 or Gallery2 (bridged). Since neither option really had what we were looking for, some customizations were in order. We have also tested this configuration to work with other components like Fireboard, JEvents, Acajoom, SH404, and more.
- Visitor selects top-level RSG2 albums (Categories) to see available users
- Visitor clicks on a user's thumbnail and is taken directly to that user's CB profile
- On the CB profile page, we now have the RSG2 CB tab with lightbox scripting (This prevents someone from needing to click 4 or 5 times to see a full-size image. Very slick.)
- Joomla 1.0.15
- JACL Plus
- Community Builder 1.1
- RSGallery2 1.0.14
- RSGallery2 Searchbot
- Users only see THEIR albums in the drop-down form (frontend)
- Links to CB profile from sub-gallery
- Top-level hidden
- Lightbox on CB profile; limited to 600px
- CB profile links to PM software (UddeIM)
- "Edit Galleries" link hidden on CB tab
- AEC Micro-Integration ($$$) **CORE**
- CB User Lists
- Custom "Logged Out" page
http://www.covingtoncreations.com/downloads/ (requires registration)